There is a lot of interest in Lakewood Ranch right now, from home buyers to builders. If you’ve been thinking about selling your home from within the #9 best-selling community in America, here are 5 reasons why now may be the time to sell.
1. Demand is High – The number of sold homes is up over 20% when comparing the last 12 months to the previous year, while pending sales are up over 23%. (Source: Trendgraphix) These figures back what our Michael Saunders & Company agents already know – people aren’t just looking at Lakewood Ranch homes for sale right now, they are serious about buying.
2. Supply is low – Total housing inventory within Lakewood Ranch – as compared to the same quarter a year ago – is down nearly 50%. This represents only a 2 month supply of inventory. What’s more, inventory has not been this low since 2004. What does this mean for you? With little competition on the market, any home for sale has a greater chance of attracting attention.
3. Prices have risen – When compared to June 2012, the average price per square foot for a Lakewood Ranch home has risen over 17%. Meanwhile, the average sold price is up over 26% when compared to the same quarter in 2009. Have you been waiting for your home value to rise? That time is here.
4. Homes are selling quicker – The average number of days on the market has been reduced from 108 to just 74 when compared to the same quarter last year – that’s over a 30% decrease. In addition, for the month of June, the average number of days on the market is just 56 – which is the lowest it’s been since 2006. We’ve all heard the expression “time is money.” With homes spending significantly less time on the market, sellers stand a better chance of not just accomplishing their personal goals but their financial ones as well.
5. New construction is flourishing – If you live in Lakewood Ranch, you’ve no doubt seen the animated bustle of new construction. A recent article in the Sarasota Herald Tribune reports that builders are developing Esplanade Golf & Country Club, Haddington in Country Club East, Greenbrook Village, River Strand, Bridgewater, Heritage Harbor, and more. Lakewood Ranch has even garnered the attention of top national home builders– D.R. Horton, Lennar, and Taylor Morrison. These new homes are set to become competition for you once they are completed.
It may be time to reevaluate the reason you want to sell and determine whether it’s worth the wait. If you believe it may lead to a higher purchase price, ask yourself if that’s more important than the needs of your family, your health, and the freedom to live life on your own terms. Contact a Lakewood Ranch Real Estate Agent today to help get you started.
Be where you want to be.