The holiday season has always been about the spirit of giving, the time for sharing with those who need it most, and the traditional time to bring families together for celebration and united hope for the New Year.
Through the MSC Foundation—a private, nonprofit, 501 (c) (3) foundation—our family of agents and staff join together to provide funds for organizations that treat each day with the spirit of giving. From ensuring nutritional meals to providing shelter and much-needed assistance, these organizations work to better the lives of those in our community with kindheartedness, focused support services and exceptional care.
This year, with more agent and staff participation than ever, the MSC Foundation was proud to help these organizations take one step closer to achieving their financial goals.
Twice each year, contributions to the MSC Foundation are allocated to local programs that support the foundation’s mission—improving lives by offering shelter, sustenance, education and a path to self-sufficiency. After the first round of fund distribution in June 2012, word of the foundation’s positive impact on the community spread company wide. From June 30 to December 10, the Foundation collected $23,750, thanks largely to a significant increase in agent and staff participation over the first cycle of funding for 2012.
In its December 2012 round of distribution, the MSC Foundation was pleased to present funds to organizations in Manatee, Sarasota and Charlotte counties:
• All Faiths Food Bank
• ALSO Youth
• Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Sun Coast
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Sarasota County
• Child Protection Center, Inc.
• Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
• Habitat for Humanity South Sarasota County
• Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Sarasota-Manatee
o VIP-ER Program
o Operation Military Assistance Program
• Junior League of Sarasota, Inc.
• Mothers Helping Mothers, Inc.
• Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center, Inc. (SPARCC)
• The Salvation Army
• USF Foundation
• HOPE Family Services, Inc.
• Feeding Empty Little Tummies (FELT)
• “The Least of These” Out Reach Ministry of West Bradenton Baptist
• Miracle League Manasota
• Family Partnership Center
• Community Coalition on Homelessness
• Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity
• Virginia B. Andes Volunteer Community Clinic – St. Vincent De Paul
• The Learning Place at the Cultural Center of Charlotte County
• Gator Wilderness Camp School
More To Come!
Stay tuned to TheSaundersBlog for detailed weekly spotlights on the organizations that received grants from the MSC Foundation. Together, we work to improve the lives in our community, one helping hand at a time.