Modern cell phones have come a long way from their bulky, buggy predecessors. Capable of performing many useful tasks, today’s smart phones have become essential daily tools incorporating programs to help with navigation, information gathering, shopping, social networking and more. For those interested in all things real estate, a number of helpful applications (apps) have become available.
Now, beginning your real estate search or learning about specific neighborhoods can be done in the palm of your hands. Whether you want a quick view of available properties, want to learn more about an area, or are a Realtor looking for information on listings and communities, the android smart phone market has some pretty helpful applications for you. Here are the top 10 real estate-based apps for Droid owners:
1. Puluwai - Puluwai allows you to quickly and easily browse real estate property listings in your area of interest. You can locate properties by either entering a location or by using GPS functions. It also lets you view photos of properties for sale, find properties on a map, contact the selling agent, and share interesting properties with your friends and family.
2. Qualify: Real Estate - This app helps you make an intelligent decision on the purchase of your next home. Through its custom rating system, you can rate the properties you look at on your smart phone, save the details and compare home ratings against each other at your convenience.
3. Real Estate Droid - Search homes for sale, save your favorites and take pictures. Estimate values with Zillow and check out location-aware neighborhood info with Trulia, Walkscore, and Rentometer. Work out the numbers with real mortgage quotes from Mortgage Marvel and a loan calculator.
4. CasaVal - CasaVal is a free app that provides important valuation details of the address you specify. Details include: Zestimate, value range, beds, baths, 5-year graph, and more.
5. SmarterAgent - SmarterAgent is a free application on the Droid that offers one of the most robust uses of the Android operating system within the real estate vertical. It’s a power tool for anyone interested in accurate, up to date, and comprehensive real estate information.
6. Evernote - Evernote for Android allows you to create text notes, snap photos, and record audio. In addition, you can easily attached files to your notes. Free subscribers can add PDFs, text, audio, or image files. Perfect for viewing properties and jotting down notes.
7. Google Maps Navigation - Google Maps Navigation is an internet-connected GPS navigation system with voice guidance. It is part of Google Maps for Mobile and is available for phones with Android 1.6 and higher.
8. Apartment Guide - Take Apartment Guide with you on your Android device. Enjoy searching by city, state, zip or GPS, or use advance search options to refine and sort your results in either list or interactive map views.
9. Offender - This app maps registered sex offenders in all 50 states. This is a useful tool for home buyers with children, complete with up-to-date information for all areas. Be aware, and be safe.
10. Sherpa - Ready to explore? Check out Sherpa, a free Android application that helps you find new places based on your own personal preferences. Sherpa “learns” your likes and dislikes, then uses your location information to suggest restaurants, stores, and attractions in your area that might float your boat.